Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I connect Netflix from my computer to my tv

Customer Question

how do I connect Netflix from my computer to my tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, You usually don't connect Netflix to your TV form a computer. You usually do it using a built in App (if the TV supports it) or by purchasing an external streaming box that does. Please postback with the MODEL NUMBER off of the back of your Samsung so I can look and see what this TV supports.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If your TV is not a Smart TV ,then you will need to purchase a streaming box or stick like an Amazon Firestick, or Roku to connect to the TV's HDMI port and then you can view Netflix using the built in app on the streaming device.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
  1. Press the Smart Hub button.
  2. Select Netflix.
  3. Select Sign In.​
    • If you do not see Sign In, select Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix? screen.
    • If you are not yet a member, set up your membership.
  4. Enter your Netflix email address and password.
  5. Select Sign In.

If you wish to start over and/or sign in with a different email address at any point during this process, enter the following sequence using the arrow keys on your controller:

• Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
  • Select Sign Out, Start Over, or Deactivate.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
on my tv it says - device may not be connected to the Internet
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Have you setup the TV to the internet?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You never posted any details about the TV- what the model was, if it's brand new, what you've tried so far, etc. So it's hard to give you specific instructions unless you can reply back with some of this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.