Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Sanyo tv lost its ability to get louder and softer. I

Customer Question

My Sanyo tv lost its ability to get louder and softer. I tried using the remote as well
as the volume control on the set.Can you help me? Joel
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Joel, Do you have a model for this TV (model number is ***** the sticker on the back of the set)?

If not, then no worries- simply proceed as follows and let me know what happens.

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens.

If that does not work I will need the following:

1) The model number off of the back of the TV.

2) The rough age of the set (over or under one year from purchase date).

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.