Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a previous string open, but no matter where I log in

Customer Question

Anthony - I have a previous string open, but no matter where I log in from, there is no "reply" box at the bottom. It is order #16193966-407, regarding a blinking and slow Samsung LN46B550K1FXZA. You recommended a firmware upgrade, and the blinking went away! That was fantastic. However, the response time to commands has become increasingly slow. When I turn it on, it takes some time to connect to the cable box, and I am not able to adjust the volume for the first minute or so. It takes a long time to find other devices when I switch sources as well.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

How long ago did you submit the question please?do you have a link you can send here to the question?

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/9n3ce-notorious-samsung-blinking-problem-model-ln46b550k1fxza.html

I have no idea why you cant log into that question i suggest you report this yourself to admins at this email address***@******.*** indicate you have opened this question to communicate they should close this question and refund you and reopen your original question sorry for the inconvenience once you have done that i will speak with you back at your original question thanks

Anthony

Make sure you communicate from the original email address you used to contact justanswer

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Anthony - they said question strings only stay open for 30 days and that I would need to start a new string anyway.

Apparently so it was something I was unaware of sorry, so the situation now is you upgraded the firmware and now its slow, that would indicate the firmware was not installed properly unfortunately you do not get the chance to change that again (assuming you have rebooted the set unplugged from wallpower wait 5 mins plug back in) and have reset the TV in the settings menu then the main-board will need to be replaced I can help you with that let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Anthony - the tv was slow before the firmware upgrade, but it also had blinks. The blinks were resolved with the firmware upgrade, but the tv's response time has gradually begun to lag more. Where in the settings menu do I reset the tv?

Try this as I do not think the set has a customer factory reset so with the set in STANDBY off press within 5 seconds INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>POWER ON the set should come on with multiple characters you need to go to option 12 or 13 (if I remember correctly)and look up "reset" go into this and activate it the set may switch itself off , when you switch it on again hopefully you are good

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm trying to do that now. Is there a difference between off and standby off? I pressed the buttons in sequence and it just turned on the tv as normal.

Standby is when the red light is lit and the set is OFF, you must do the sequence within 6 seconds

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've tried a dozen times, didn't get any special menu, no matter how quickly I'm able to do the button sequence. I've also stood close to the "eye" and pressed firmly and quickly on the buttons to ensure nothing was being missed, but it just turns on as usual. I also tried to go into the regular settings menu and choose the "Self Diagnosis" option, but the tv just hangs if I do that. Eventually it just exits the menu without actually doing anything.

OK hold on whilst I check as I am doing this from memory hang on

Sorry!

Power OFF (Standby) >>MUTE>>1>>8>>2>>Power ON the set will come on in multiple characters navigate to factory reset I think this is in the options menu the set should switch itself off when succesful or reboot itself or you may have to switch on again

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No luck. It just froze off. I unplugged it for a bit and plugged it back in, now it's working again. Likely the same as before. I have to run out for a bit, but can try again later tonight or in the morning.

Yes again you must do it quickly within 6 seconds its my guess though you will need to replace that mainboard its sounds like its corrupted too far

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay. I have a replacement main board. Anything special I need to know for the replacement process?

No its just plug and play no special set up