Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

3 months ago I asked a question about my Vizio tv. I've

Customer Question

3 months ago I asked a question about my Vizio tv. I've paid 3 months payments and never got an answer . Wrote back at a later date and was told I had to talk to the same man. Can't find the email. Didn't realize that I was paying every month so I just quit. My hands are deformed from R.A. and the arthritis acted up and I forgot . Anyway , I have a 43 in. Vizio smart tv that a friend left me when he passed . It's about 5 yrs old. Perfect picture and sound . One day it just couldn't seem to come on. The lite comes on and just fades away. No warning.
Here goes.
model E420i-AO
s.n. LAQLNRFP2508317
Will someone let me know if it can be fixed or would it be better to just buy another. I draw disability and need to drop this service , since I haven't used and I would like to see if it's worth fixing before I cancel service.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Please reply back here if you get this message to continue troubleshooting the TV problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Shahid,
Found answer page . Awaiting the next step.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent the model num., serial num., and the fact that it just doesn't come on. The blue light comes on, dimly , then fades away. Gave me no trouble before. Good picture and sound , then suddenly it acted up. Let me know what else you need.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do you need to know?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I was away from computer, sorry about delayed reply.

This kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing main board in TV and main board replacement will resolve the issue, please check following supplier link to get replacement main board that would cost around $70 if you have plan to replace it in TV yourself..

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.