Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.

I have a finlux tv but it doesn't switch on. No stanby

Customer Question

I have a finlux tv but it doesn't switch on. No stanby light
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: finlux, model 32F7020-T It is about 2.5 years old but I was not using it often
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I check plugging it to another socket
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I was on vacation the last 25 days and now I returned tv is not starting
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Carl and welcome to Just Answer. I own a Repair Store and love helping people here when I get a little free time. I fix on average about 10 TVs a week and have seen just about everything. If you have no standby light at all then the Power Supply Board is most likely not producing the 5VDC Standby Voltage. An easy way to test this is to remove the back cover and while using a volt meter, place the Black Probe on the metallic frame then apply the Red Probe to the Standby 5VDC Pin on the Connector. If the power cable is plugged into the wall, it should always have 5 Volts DC. If not, replacing the Power Supply board will resolve this issue.

Let me know if you need any clarification or have any additional questions with this. :)