Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The remote Samsung smart tv is not functioning - or the

Customer Question

the remote for my Samsung smart tv is not functioning - or the sensor in the TV is not "sensing" the remote. How can I power on / power off the TV when there oare no physical buttons on the tv anywhere
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 2 years old I think. I am afraid to unplug it as it may not power on again !
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: changing batteries
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no - thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Can you get us the Model Number off of the back of the set please? It's hard to work troubleshooting a TV we cannot look up.