Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 6 year old Samsung TV (Model No: LA26R7) which has

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old Samsung TV (Model No: LA26R7) which has started switching on & off automatically during shows. Can it be fixed?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Margaret and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, even if the Samsung would be "...switching on & off...", would there still be some indication of power such as a standby light or even a blinking LED light?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No - it comes on again when the picture comes on.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Based on the above and if problem persist with any/all sources, it would then appear to be an internal hardware issue or more particularly a low or intermittent internal power supply voltage and/or the Samsung is kicking in auto-protect mode.

The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. I'm not interested in DIY.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

I understand and if no DIY, options are:

• • perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center (specially if still under some form of extended warranty) or an independent repair shop / qualified professional;
  • • evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, age, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll go with Option 2 & look at new models. Thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Again I understand Margaret and it would appear to be more to your advantage.

Please click HERE should it be of interest.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.