Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I click the HD 1080 on and the light blinks a couple of

Customer Question

I click the HD 1080 on and the green light blinks a couple of times with a clicking noise and shuts off.
JA: TV is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Do you know the make and model?
Customer: No.Sometimes I can turn it on and it works. I have had the back off once and vacuum ed the dust.If you can tell me where to find the numbers.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None.I have to get my soldering gun back from my nephew.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I did unplug and plugged directly into the wall.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Not sure how we can trouble shoot a TV that doesn't have any Brand or Model Number, but it's not possible as there are 1,000's of 1080 TV's made to this date. To proceed, could you get the FULL MODEL NUMBER off of the back of the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

There should be a sticker on the back of the set that will show the "Brand" as well as the model number.