Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I hade a power outage on my 42" Panasonic Flat Screen. When

Customer Question

I hade a power outage on my 42" Panasonic Flat Screen. When the power came on, there was no power in the TV. I bought a power board from Shop Jimmy and installed it. TV worked fine until another power outage. This time I purchased a complete repair kit with all new boards and cables and installed. TV comes on for about 5 seconds and goes black. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: its about 4 years old TC P42x5 -- have done no trouble shooting. there is a small board, the smallest, that has a different part number stamped on than what was in it. Wondering if that could be it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What does power indicator light on TV front do when press power button to turn On the TV?

does it lit, solid or blink?

if blinks, how many times it blinks, pauses and again blinks?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it comes on solid at first, then goes off and starts blink 12 times, pauses then repeats 12 times again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** flashing light is an error code, I'm working on your TV issue and get back with you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm working on a couple of issues at work, so right now is not a good time. Also, I probably should take the back off the TV again before going further.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

No problem, meanwhile I'll provide error code info and what to check that you can try at later time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you - will be later on this afternoon
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

12 times flashing power light indicates problem with Audio Amplifier section in this TV and possible causes are..

- Defective Speaker/Subwoofer

- Pinched Speaker Wire

- Wrong diagnostic by the A board

Follow the builtin speaker wires to see if the wire got pinched/ pealed off its insulator for some reason and might be shorting it to metal chassis/ ground of TV, if wire looks good then unplug the speaker connector from main board, replug TV power cord in and turn On the TV.

if still get 12 blinks error code then main board (A board) could be faulty (though it is new and came from reputable source) so try old main board to see if error code change this time?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks - Will be later today, but will follow up with you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Sure, please take your time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay , found a crimped speaker wire and repaired it. TV is working now, but it has a black horizontal line running across the the upper 1/3 area of the screen. Their are a couple of other very faint shadows of a line below that were not there before.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Nice, glad to know TV is working now. I just came online and need bit time to look into black horizontal line issue, get back with you in 30 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm at work so take all the time you need.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

There is SN Board located on left side, few flexible ribbon cables coming out of display panel plugged into that board, either upper flexible cables are misaligned or connections are clogged and causing the black horizontal lines in that area of screen. Please reinsert those cables after cleaning the cable connections. If problem persist then replace SN Board which is available at following supplier..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsn1rjuu-sn-board.htm

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok - thanks so much! I will check the cables later today and respond.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok - unplugged and replugged the cables. The black horizontal line is gone, but still have three faint shadow lines across the screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, there would be another long ribbon cable coming from A board plugs into SN board, reinsert that cable on both boards to refresh the connections, if it doesn't fix the shadow issue then swap the SN board.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok - will pull back off and try that later today. I will get back to you. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Sure, please take your time, no rush.

Thanks.