Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My toshiba tv has no sound, gimme a min, sorry but i know

Customer Question

my toshiba tv has no sound
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Toshiba is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: gimme a min
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sorry but i know nuts about electronics
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: my tv is a L5450 series
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Still, a little more background info please:

• • is this a fresh / new install? ...or the TV has been in use for some time and this no sound issue just recent;
  • • is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box, PVR or satellite receiver used with it;
  • • is the sound from the TV's built-in speakers? ...or is there a home theater or AV system connected;
  • • is the no sound issue only in TV mode? ...or with any/all other devices connected such as a Blu-ray player, others.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

Any update?