Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a new samsung smart curved tv, everycable is connect

Customer Question

I have a new samsung smart curved tv, everycable is connect right to the cable box and tv, but I get a message that the cable box is not connected
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is it first time setting up cable box to this TV or it was working fine and recently got problem?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Did you get above reply?

Please do not post duplicate question and reply here to continue troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is the first time ,it worked fine with the tv we just removed
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried to reboot cable box and select correct HDMI input in TV?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
several times
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, is there any other video device hooked into HDMI input of TV and works fine?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
utube works
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Sorry about confusion, I meant Bluray player etc hooked in HDMI input of TV, this test will confirm that HDMI input of TV is working then we will try cable box into that working HDMI input.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this a problem for the cable co or for samsung?
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Well, thats what I'm trying to figure out, DVD/Bluray player test will help to narrow down the issue to see if Samsung HDMI inputs are working or not and this will help to determine if Samsung is bad or cable box has got internal issue and not sending out video signal to TV.

Please connect a DVD/luray player to HDMI input of TV, play a disc, select correct HDMI input in TV if picture appears that means TV is fine and cable box is defective.

I hope this simple test will help.

Thanks.