Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a new HDMI splitter I need to install with my roku

Customer Question

I have a new HDMI splitter I need to install with my roku device and TV. Can you tell me the order (including input/output references) of the devices? Is it TV output to Splitter input and then Splitter output to Roku Input and then Roku stays connected to TV? I am so frustrated!
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "... HDMI splitter...roku device and TV..."

Additionally, what is the objective of splitting the HDMI signal?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

The purpose of splitter is to address the HDCP error message in Netflix; two colleagues were getting same purple screen with "unauthorized content" message ... the splitter somehow addresses it so I can get Netflix video (I am currently getting only audio)

Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

I understand; a buffer/workaround.

...and the model numbers please?

Still, it would normally be HDMI output of the Roku to the input of the HDMI splitter. Then 1 of the HDMI outputs of the splitter to an unused HDMI input port of the TV.

Has the above been tried?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I will try this order right now ...

Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Please post back how things turned up and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you ... It worked!
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Glad that the above information served your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).