Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Sharp TV. I have an HDMI cable into Input 4 that

Customer Question

I have a Sharp TV. I have an HDMI cable into Input 4 that has an IPTV box attached. I unhooked the HDMI while I was on vacation, and came home and plugged it back in. It worked fine and then today, I reset my IPTV box because I updated my account and now I'm getting an error message on the TV that says Incompatible video signal has been received. Please check the output device settings.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: At least 8 years old. It's an Aquos, let me see if I can find the model number
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried unplugging both HDMI cables, blowing them out in case dust was in there. I tried turning off the TV, turning it back on. I left the IPTV box unplugged for a while, and then switched HDMI outputs between the IPTV box and the Roku
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, I think that's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?