Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We were watching a movie and all of the sudden my Sony 50'

Customer Question

We were watching a movie and all of the sudden my Sony 50' inch TV went black. The sound was there for a few seconds and then the sound went as well. Now it has a red light flashing and when the red stop flashing the free light is flashing and vice versa. I try to factory reset but there is no picture or sound so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. What should I do at this point?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought from another person and it's a Sony kns 60A2020. The light that keeps flashing which is the red it has a word under it that says lamp.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried holding the button up key and the power hold and presss key.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all its doing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack an independent Tv/audio repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , be with you in a minute

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

When was the last time you replaced the lamp in this tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Sorry , should have said do you know when it was replaced last but in any case this points to a defective lamp

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I will give you some link for that lamp and also the manual that shows you how to replace it

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Here is a good supplier with a 1 year warranty on the lamp ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-xl-5200-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-philips-bulb.htm#

Same supplier and also a good lamp but 6 months warranty ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-xl-5200-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-osram-neolux-bulb.htm

For the price difference I would go for the year warranty but in any case do not buy those cheap knock offs at $30 on ebay and amazon , you`d be asking for trouble

Be right back with the manual

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Here is your manual , click the link below and once open look on page 51 and on for the procedure ;

https://docs.sony.com/release/kds60a2020.pdf

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that the rating does not close this post , you can come back at any time if you have questions or need help. ,
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , I`ve been working in good faith for you and that rating gets me paid for my time.