Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a series 8 8500 tv and it is making a click sound

Customer Question

I have a series 8 8500 tv and it is making a click sound every 10 secs but not going on. Cannot even pull up the menu on the screen, blue light on at bottom
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: samsung 8 8500 tv
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not a sound issue
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Can you get me the full model number please found on the back of the set?thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
un55B8500xf

OK please just give me 5 mins to check any bulletins thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok

If the light is lit as though in the ON mode you cant bring up the sets own menu and there is no sound the first thing we need to do is to establish if there is sound but you lost it pressing buttons so please connect up something like a DVD player play the DVD player then continually once every second press the INPUT button of the TV remote remember you are just looking for sound, this will help with diagnosis, then let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
dont hear anything

OK what you need to do next is have a look at the power-board inside the set have a look at the capacitors look for leaking\ballooning\raised domed tops to them and let me know if you view anything like that, this is the first check in a procedure thanks let me know.

If you do not know what I mean or what the capacitors look like let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok forget will have to call repair man thanks

OK I am sorry this is something that is not comfortable for you, there is a problem probably with the power or mainboards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks

If you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a approved tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony