Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

After disconnecting my L5200U/L4200U there's no tv

Customer Question

After disconnecting my L5200U/L4200U there's no tv reception. Did the inyial set up and still did not receive tv reception.. how do I fix this problem ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What is connected to TV for channels, a cable box or antenna?

- Do you use cable remote to change the channels on TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cable remote to change
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Phone call assistance would cost you additional $26, if you prefer troubleshooting here in text chat format then feel free to ignore phone call offer that sent by website system (automated).

- What input of TV is connected to cable box?

- Have you tried to press Input button on TV or its remote a few times to check different video inputs of TV as one should give cable box picture?
Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cable is plugged into wall and I use remote to turn on and change channels. It has been fine until it was unplugged for few days
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, is that remote came with TV and have Toshiba mark or cable service provider send it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The remote came with the tv and it has toshiba CT 90325 on it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can access menu and input, not sure if I am inputtung correctly
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I got it, so TV is hooked directly with cable from wall and there is no cable box.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Does TV scan any channel when run auto tuning in TV menu?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have reset tv settings to restore settings to favtory default values and also had it scan all the channels
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have also tried to plug in at a different location and changed the cable still no tv reception.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, I'm working on it, give me 5 minutes please

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Please check the cable pin is connected/ screw securely and tight on back of TV so the tuner of TV can get cable signals.

Press Menu and select Installation then Terrestrial and select Channel Program to run it, this should scan available channels and save the data in memory.

Please note while channel program runs, does it show any channel numbers etc?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cable pins on both ends are securely attached . When it scans it shows the number of channels. Right now at 70% naumber of chanels found 3, digital channels 112
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, let the scan process finish itself then check if TV shows channels?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Scanning completed still no picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

This is odd, do you get channel sound from TV internal speakers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sound is from the tv
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There's no sound from any channel just fuzzy screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, but TV showed numbers of channels during scanning?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should HDMI-CEC be on
Tv auto input switch be on
Tv auto power be on
Device auto be on
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, it seems EEPROM (memory) chip failure, this chip stores channels data while scanning, since TV tuner worked to scan channels but EEPROM chip didn't save it so TV shows no channel when channel tuning process completed. I'm really sorry for this news as it is hardware related failure and need to replace main board of TV where this EEPROM chip is mounted.

Alternate option is to get 'digital to analog TV converter box' that has its own tuner, connect the converter box into AV/HDMI input of TV and hook the cable into converter box antenna input, select correct input in TV to get converter box home screen and run channel scan with converter box remote to get all available channels and watch them on this TV, this way you wont need to take TV in repair shop, converter box would be available approx $30 plus from local store and ti will resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

You're doing fine with TV settings, channel browser settings are correct mentioned in your previous reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Very disappointed
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I understand, but electronic part/ chip can fail any time without any notice, I'm really sorry about it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I wish I had better news about TV issue, alternate option of converter box will resolve the problem.

Thanks.