Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an RCA scenium flat screen tv and it won't "talk" to

Customer Question

i have an RCA scenium flat screen tv and it won't "talk" to the remote control. I even bought a universal remote and tried that, but the tv won't respond.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an RCA scenium BBE digital and the model # ***** ***** It's probably around 8 or 9 years old. I've had it put away for a while and am now trying to get it going and to hook up a ROKU
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've turned it on with the button on the tv, which does work. I'm also able to access the menu with the manual menu button on the tv. However, with no working remote control, I can't scroll or select anything that might get me to the next step. I'm not even worried about the ROKU at this point...I just want to get the tv to talk to the remote control first
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page where you can book your 1:1 with the TV Technician. I'll share everything we've discussed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK you need to just verify that your ORIGINAL tv remote control is working you do that by following this guide <<click

Let me know that you see the light via the camera

Anthony