Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm trying to make an HDMI connection between my new Comcast

Customer Question

I'm trying to make an HDMI connection between my new Comcast xg1 DVR and my Pioneer VSX-94TXH Receiver. I used to have this same type of connection with an older DVR as well as a Direct TV PVR, with no problems. With the new xg1, the sound is not synced with the picture. Any advice?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

When the sound and picture are not synced when using a DVR- it's the DVR itself at fault. I've seen this issue many times. You're going to need to try a hard reboot of the DVR to try to fix the issue:

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box (unplug it's power cord).
2) Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Plug the cable box/DVR back into power, then turn everything on and watch a program.

Let me know if you're still having the same problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?