Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I just purchased a Sony TV model XBR55X850D 55", which I am

Customer Question

I just purchased a Sony TV model XBR55X850D 55", which I am trying to hook up to my Roamio Tivo box via HDMI cables, but I get the message that the HDMI connection is not permitted. If I use MoCa cables to my Tivo box, it works, since ostensibly it circumvents the HDCP “handshaking” protocol. Is there a firmware update or a suggestion, to allow me usage of HDMI cables?
Thanks for your help!
Robert Kohler
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Do you have another source you can connect to the Sony using HDMI so we can confirm the issue is in fact the TV and not your Tivo box? HDMI generally either works, or it doesn't so since you've tried other cables it would make sense to try another device (such as a Blu Ray player, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still with me here? I'm asking for the above to be performed as a basic TEST. Let me know.