Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Panasonic TH-50PZ800, no picture except HDMI 1 on top left

Customer Question

Panasonic TH-50PZ800, no picture except HDMI 1 on top left of screen
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: 2009. Tried new Direct TV receiver
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing - TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm assuming the DirecTv receiver is PLUGGED INTO HDMI 1 on the TV? Let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know once you see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you know what port the DirecTv box is plugged into on your TV please? I am not there to see what you're seeing. To solve this requires you to reply back to me. Let me know if you need help.