Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

We have been informed that we can eliminate cable tv, direct

Customer Question

We have been informed that we can eliminate cable tv, direct TV, Satalite etc etc by installing TiVo without monthly fees, using open air antenna, using net flex, etc and have great reception and TV much cheaper. Please provide the right solution to effectively get rid of high cost TV charges.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the TV you have please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have Sony smart TVs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there,

Sorry it was some time before you replied.

I needed both the make and model of the TV please. Or can you tell me if the TV has the netflix app on it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
TV HAS NETFLEX CAPABILITY, SMALL TV
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

ok, then you can use Netflix direct on the TV.

Tivo will not help as that is for recording cable and your looking to get rid of it.

So you would connect an Antenna to the TV and use the free to air TV and use Netflix on the TV for premium content.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
TiVo has ability to connect directly to HD TV antenna and provide access to local channels. It also can record up to 1 tarabite
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Yes but you can do that without Tivo, this is what I am indicating, you can connect the TV directly to the Antenna. Tivo is only needed if you do wish to record.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
First of all, I am a Just Answer member, so no charge applies. You can also record up to 4 channels at the same time not counting other features
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

yes, if you wish to record you will want to use the Tivo. But you only indicated you wish to eliminate Cable, Direct TV ect, so if you do want to record as well, add a Tivo unit to the combination

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

I am not sure what you mean though about no chargers applying, I see nothing about charges or anything like that, you need to check with customer service for any questions relating to costs.