Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hope you can help. My Samsung smart tv UN32 J5500 AFKZA will

Customer Question

hope you can help. My Samsung smart tv UN32 J5500 AFKZA will turn on. Sound seldom comes on. Have reset sound, unplugged it, whatever, nothing.
Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Are you saying the TV will NOT turn on? If not, then please let me know if there are ANY signs of life on the set at all right now (power light lit or blinking, click sounds, etc.).

Also how long have you owned it for?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If that does not work then please reply back with EXACTLY what signs of life the TV currently has right now. So far I don't have any replies from you, and troubleshooting requires 2-way communication. Please reply back so we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.