Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a KDF46E2000 number of years. My bulb keeps going

Customer Question

I have a KDF46E2000 for a number of years. My bulb keeps going out. I replaced one yesterday, today there was a note saying the bulb is bad.It worked a few hours yesterday. I replaced this bulb with another bulb. the screen came alive for a minute or so, tv smelled hot, so I unplugged. what can the issue be with this
thanks *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Troubleshooting relies on specifics, so I need to ask some questions:

1) Where are you purchasing these lamps from and for how much (Ex: Amazon- $30 copies, or $100 OEM lamps)?

2) When the set shuts down, the red light on the front of the set is an "Error Code" generator and blinks a pattern ( 3 blinks, 4 blinks, 5 blinks, 6 blinks, etc.). Please turn on the set set, run it and see if it shuts down. We need to know what the blink pattern of the TV is in order to determine exactly what is wrong here.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.