Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My TV turns off within seconds of turning it on. I need to

Customer Question

My TV turns off within seconds of turning it on. I need to plug it in for it to turn back on again, and it will just turn off once again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Nobody can diagnose a tv just by visual inspection. Actual tests need to be performed with a meter while plugging in the tv. Then one of the boards has to be replaced.

In this case your model tv has a repair kit that comes with all the internal boards for only $90, which is a very good deal. If you are not able or don't want to spend back and forth time, then I suggest you go with the repair kit:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/rca-led60b55r120q-tv-repair-kit-version-1-tvs-with-duntk4942tp-t-con.htm

Read the ALL the notes on that page to be sure you are getting the correct kit.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?