Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My TV turns off within seconds of turning it on. I need to

Customer Question

My TV turns off within seconds of turning it on. I need to plug it in for it to turn back on again, and it will just turn off once again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Nobody can diagnose a tv just by visual inspection. Actual tests need to be performed with a meter while plugging in the tv. Then one of the boards has to be replaced.

In this case your model tv has a repair kit that comes with all the internal boards for only $90, which is a very good deal. If you are not able or don't want to spend back and forth time, then I suggest you go with the repair kit:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/rca-led60b55r120q-tv-repair-kit-version-1-tvs-with-duntk4942tp-t-con.htm

Read the ALL the notes on that page to be sure you are getting the correct kit.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?