Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 6-month old tv has no volume. Sylvania sled3215A-. It's 6

Customer Question

My 6-month old tv has no volume.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sylvania sled3215A-B. It's 6 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turned off and on. My husband tried re-setting it.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box.
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply so you can try those steps.