Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

LG (flat screen) TV just STOPPED working at 8:45 PM last

Customer Question

LG (flat screen) TV just STOPPED working at 8:45 PM last night and wouldn't turn on again no matter what I did. It's the newest TV in our home? Is it beyond fixing?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack an independent Tv/audio repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this

How long since you bought this tv now ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

It would not be under warranty but perhaps a long extended warranty would buy a new power supply board part #EAY62769601 which seems to have failed here

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

You can see and buy that board at the link below for $40 ;

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

I don`t know if you had in mind to look into repairing this yourself but If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help with that board .
Thank you