Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

MY SONY TV HAS RAINBOW COLORS, 6 YO I GUESS FD TRINTRON

Customer Question

MY SONY TV HAS RAINBOW COLORS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 YO I GUESS FD TRINTRON VEGA
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO THANKS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I need some specifics in order to solve this for you.

1) What is the full model number off of the back of the TV (6 years ago Sony was not making Trinitrons)?

2) Please elaborate a bit more on "rainbow colors", are you able to see the picture but with rainbow colored outlines? Is the screen completely scrambled?

3) If you press HOME/MENU on the original Sony remote, doe the MENU appear CLEARLY and NORMALLY?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.