Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My TV flickers, Sharp lc-70le757u. Not sure about age, Tried

Customer Question

My TV flickers
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sharp lc-70le757u. Not sure about age
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried different inputs. Tried taking back off and wiggling wires
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

So just to clarify it does flicker as well using something like a DVD or blu-ray player?

Is it the brightness that flickers?

Is it a fast flicker like a strobing?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It flickers with all inputs. Even menus. It's not brightness. Picture doubles and moves and flickers, and it's fairy fast.

Hi thanks for the further info its a bad t-con board, this board drives the LCD panel, if the sets OWN menus are doubling \flickering then that is conclusive, do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all the support and on-going support you need to do that, just to emphasize this is a plug in board and usually moderately easy to get at.

Let me know please thanks

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I replaced the t-con board. Same problem
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is picture after replacing board
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Was this exactly the SAME issue as before?or something different

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Exactly same issue as before.

It can only be the panel (screen) are you sure the set has not had a bang?looks that way , you see the menu is injected directly into the t-con board and onto the panel so if that is affected its either t-con or panel itself in most cases its t-con but looking at that makes me think its suffered a physical knock?also

Let me know how old the set is as well please, it looks like a 2011 or 2012 set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The TV was mounted onto the wall, so I'm pretty sure there was no bang. It developed over time. At first I was able to turn on and off a few times and it would stop. Now it flickers all the time. Yes I think it may be 2012 or so. Is it possible to buy a panel?

No its not an option to buy and replace a panel in an LCD TV due to costs it would equate to two thirds the cost of the set to replace as new so for a 4 year old set its not an option and even if it was less than 4 years still not an option however I advise people to complain to the manufacturer via the website. The panel is the display screen.

You also have to be careful with mounting a big set on the wall because what can happen is over time the panel can warp and this stress can damage the panel depending on how its mounted.

I am sorry for this dismal news

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony