Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

Power light on no screen p[ower board replace

Customer Question

power light on no screen p[ower board replace
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Troubleshooting successfully relies on communication and details. So if you want to solve this, please reply back with the following:

1) What color is the power light?

2) Does the power light change when you press the power button?

3) Are you saying you already replaced the power board? If so were the symptoms the same both before AND after you replaced the board?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I can't take a phone call- sorry. The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over. Please simply reply back here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
call me when availble
Expert:  Carl L replied 5 months ago.

Hi Mario! I'm Carl and would love to help you fix your LG TV! As a business owner and operator of an Electronic Repair Store, I see all kinds of TVs come through my door with many different problems. I have years of hands on experience and can help you quickly diagnose and get this TV back up and going again.

Normally when you have a power light, it's not the Power Supply Board because that light is actually coming from the Main Board that is being supplied with a 5V Standby Voltage. If you take a Multi Meter, place the Black lead on any metal part of the TV then take the Red Lead and check the P_On (Or On/OFF) Wire on the Power Supply for 5V or 3.3V when turning the TV on. If you're not getting anything, you have a bad Main Board. There are 3 different Power Supplies used in this model so if you need the exact location of where to test the Power On Signal Voltage, I will need to know the Power Supply's Part Number. It will start with EAY.

If you were successful in using my directions and found that the Main Board is faulty...Congrats on a job well done! Order a replacement Main Board and get ready to enjoy your TV again. If you have any additional questions or would like to talk about this further over the phone, just let me know. I will be in my store tomorrow from 10-6 EST and can take a call.

Please remember to rate me 3 starts or better so that I a credited for my time. Thank you and have a great day!