Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

The tv shuts off after being on seconds. When I turn the

Customer Question

The tv shuts off after being on for 8 seconds. When I turn the power on, instead of a crisp click as it did before, it gives a dull clunk.
JA: Television is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Do you know the make and model?
Customer: RCA
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: What is the price and what if it doesn't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-How long have you had the tv?

-What is the model number off the back of the tv?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?