Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My 50'' Visio Smart Tv suddenly stopped working. The light

Customer Question

my 50'' Visio Smart Tv suddenly stopped working. The light will come on to show it's getting power but nothing else will come on the screen. What should I do? I purchased the tv 9/12/14 and also a exteended 2 yr protection
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. If you're saying that not even the Vizio welcome screen will display when you turn the set on- then this indicates a hardware failure in the TV that does require service in most cases.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still having the same issue?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.