Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have a 2005 Sony SXRD projection TV. We have replaced the

Customer Question

Hi Frank, We have a 2005 Sony SXRD projection TV. We have replaced the lamp several times, as needed. This time, the lamp indicator light is flashing a steady red...not 4 flashes and a pause. I opened up the back, removed the fan and cleaned it well. Double checked bulb and bulb is fine. Wondering if this old TV has finally given up?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, 'm not sure why you referenced that it flashed "not 4 flashes and a pause"- since that is only one of many codes.

Also you cannot tell if the lamp is good by simply looking at it- these are gas charged lamps and can appear pristine even when they fail.

That said, where are you getting these lamps from and for how much? Are they $30 Amazon jobs, or the correct $100 OEM lamps?

Please reply back with details as these TV's don't "give up"- they are all repairable and the exact symptoms determine the diagnosis.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Previously, when our lamps burned out, the lamp indicator light would flash 4 times, then pause. This is the first time the light is flashing steadily. We have replaced the bulb with only the appropriate bulbs, never knock offs.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

4 blinks of the Lamp light is the Fan- not the Lamp, 3 blinks is a Lamp switch, 5 blinks is a Lamp, 6 blinks is a thermal fuse. So none of this lines up. I will opt out and someone else should be along.

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** expert has opted out ,you are sure this is the LAMP light blinking and NOT the power-light?please check on the set itself

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just double checked. Plugged the unit back in and the power/standby indictor blinked green for over a minute, then the red lamp indictor light came on, flashing constantly.

This IS for sure a bad lamp, there is no way you can check a pressurized arc lamp OR know that it has failed you just need to replace it, use an OEM lamp you can get one of those from www.dlplampsource.com <<click

From the manual for verification <<click

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Anthony, we will try to replace the lamp again. We only replaced it a couple months ago and bought a good, name brand lamp. Could it blow from high temps? or too much dust?

Where did you get the lamp from please and for what price?

If we are done could you please rate the answer positively thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We plan to rate you when we solve the problem and are positive it is the lamp. If it is not the lamp and we order a new one,but our TV still does not work, then our issue has not been solved yet.You will receive a positive rating from us as soon as we know the problem has been solved by your advice.

OK that is no problem

Where did you get the lamp you bought from and how much did you pay for it please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ordered from www.projectorlamps.com we paid $96.

That lamp will be warranted but I would get your money back (if you can) and order from dlplampsource they only sell genuine OEM lamps

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you

Your Welcome

Anthony