Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 50 inch toshiba cloud tv and have sound but no

Customer Question

i have a 50 inch toshiba cloud tv and have sound but no picture i put a flashlight to screen and then i can se the picture
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Toshiba is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was bought in 2015 and model number is *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: hard reset and the flashlight to the screen
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

I will be with you in a few minutes

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

From your description everything pointed to a backlighting problem ,namely its part #75033153 (PK101W0050I, FSP156-3FS01) Power Supply Unit

From your description you have a defective power board part # ***** (PK101W0050I, FSP156-3FS01)and this board will require some know how to replace .
If you are into this i will find it for you and could help you along but you need to be comfortable working with circuit boards , otherwise you are looking at some $300 to have this repaired at home by a shop and you can save $50 to $75 if you take it to them .

Here is a link where you can find repair shops ; www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
If you have a choice do call more than one shop for a rough estimate , their rates can vary quite a bit .

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions or need help.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the double take above

Here is a supplier for that board ; http://www.tvpartscentral.com/toshiba-75033153-pk101w0050i-fsp156-3fs01-power-supply-unit/

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .