Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I pressed the TV/video button on my TV remote by mistake and

Customer Question

HI. I pressed the TV/video button on my TV remote by mistake and I lost my cable and cant get it back.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Please postback with the model number off of the back of your TV- not all TV's operate the same way.

Also as an initial try- if you press TV/Video again- what do you see on your screen?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see it. When I press it I get different options...Wii, Sony2 (which may be my tv), DVD, and cable. But the picture never comes back on any of those options.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, I still don't know what TV we're dealing with here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a SONY Bravia. its mounted so I cant see the model number. I think I've done this before on a different TV and it I kept pressing the TV/video button I would cycle around to the right one and the cable would come back. not this time.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

HOW specifically do you receive broadcasts on the TV- is it through a Cable "Box"? Or something else?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't want a free trial or membership. just this 1 thing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is a cable box. our service is through AT&T
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I know nothing about trials or memberships- I'm not a site employee, just an AV technician. Anyhow, what you need to know is which Input you normally use to view your ATT box. In other words WHICH one you normally select.

And since NONE of them are showing your ATT signal, then you need to shut off your TV for a minute and then REBOOT your ATT box and make SURE the cabling is plugged into the back of the TV tightly and securely.

Unplug the box from power for 10 seconds and plug it back in then turn the TV on and wait a minute for the box to reboot. Then use that TV/Video button to check all of the Inputs again.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please reply back when you've completed this. Thank you.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Also, what type of cable is running from that ATT box to the TV- can you confirm if it's HDMI, etc.?

Additionally, anything showing on the screen on any of the Inputs?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.