Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Have a vizio 55" had the power board and main board replaced

Customer Question

have a vizio 55" had the power board and main board replaced already. The problem im having is this. It all turns on and then after about 5-10 min it starts flashing the screen like its flickering and then its gone but the vizio name still is white as its on. then if i let it cool the screen comes back on. I have 2 main boards and one i know is shot as it won't come on at all and 2 power boards and both are fine. What could it technically be. Maybe a buffer or what ever its called board instead? Is it another main board issue im just at a loss.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

OK how old is this set now please?the flickering is likely to be backlight trouble