Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have come into posession of a Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma

Customer Question

I have come into posession of a Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma that displays no picture. Once powered, there are 5 red LED blinks followed by a pause, then 5 blinks, repeated until power is turned off. If the TV shot?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried any part/ board replacement so far to fix the TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, 5 times flashing light indicates problem with D Board or 5V line is short at some place in TV (means another board could be bad as well), you would need to swap D board in TV to move forward in troubleshooting. Since TV is approx 10 years old so it could be hard/ tough to find replacement D board.

Typing more info.....

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Please click following supplier link to view image of different boards of the TV that will help..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TH-50PX50U

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?
Thanks.