Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

When my husband used the Directv remote to turn on the tv,

Customer Question

When my husband used the Directv remote to turn on the tv, the screen showed the four colored dots that usually move around the screen. But they are frozen.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right TV Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 9 months old. It's a Sony C series Bravia.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged it from the AC outlet, waited 2 minutes, then plugged it back in.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: My husband is using a Rife machine nearby, which he's been doing for a while. But tonight we plugged it into a different outlet, one nearer where the tv is plugged in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-I know you usually use the Directv remote, but we need you to grab the Sony remote and press the HOME/MENU button and tell us if the tv menu comes up on the screen or not?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing happens. It remains frozen.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

If you leave the tv On, unplug the power cord to the Directv box, does whatever is on the tv screen change?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have unplugged everything and it stays the same, even its own power cord. The screen is frozen all the time.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

It's not clear if you actually powered the tv On with the Directv box unplugged? Is the tv screen still showing the same thing when nothing is connected to the tv?

If it does, then:

- take a picture of what's on the screen and attach it here in your reply.

- provide the full model number of the tv, purchase date, and name of retailer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have unplugged the power cord to the direct and the tv screen is still frozen. It does not respond at all to any remote and stays the same.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Post :

Picture of screen

Model number

Purchase date