Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

TV Model KDL-46z4100 has shut off and a red light is

Customer Question

TV Model KDL-46z4100 has shut off and a red light is blinking in blinks of 14.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Sony Bravia, Model KDL-46z4100. I unplugged it for a few minutes.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged the TV from the power strip and plugged it right into the wall outlet.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The TV is about 8 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand I don't have good news on a 14 blink code of this model. The service manual (at the link below), directly states that 14 blinks is a faulty LCD pane- which is the screen of the TV and requires replacement of the entire screen to fix the issue. (Page 12 shows the blink codes and what they mean):

The cost of the LCD panel is 80% of what the TV cost when new, so when this fault occurs, the set is considered "not repairable" for all intents and purposes.

I'm very sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you read my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.