Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Samsung 26" TV won't turn on either manually or by remote.

Customer Question

Samsung 26" TV won't turn on either manually or by remote. Power light is just flashing - normally solid red light?
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Model # ***** Several years old . Worked fine one day next day , it won't turn on
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged TV off for 5 minutes , them plugged in again. Power light flashing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing else to advise. Power light normal red & continue red light. This morning the power light flashing?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

I'm sorry to inform you that there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing more than a new 32" Tv and could take a few weeks to get all sorted.

Unless you plan to attempt a DIY repair, I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Again, I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant. At least you have definitive information so you can make the best possible decision regarding the tv.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for my work.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?