Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I was watching TV and the screen went black no sound power

Customer Question

I was watching TV and the screen went black no sound power light is out meaning that there is power and cable boxes connected that just went black
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: 36 inch HD LCD tv RCA I unplug the TV and then plugged it back in and rebooted the cable box and that's about it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried anything so plugging it back in and unplugging and plugging back in I don't know what else to do
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: There's no sound no picture
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I need you to clarify something- Is the power light on the TV out completely, or are you saying it's lit please?

Also can you get the full model number off of the back of the TV by any chance?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the full model number of the tv, please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan, I had already replied to the customer just before you sent a reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that, it's a site glitch we run into from time to time. When you're able to get the requested info, please reply back on this page.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the full model number of your tv, please?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need help with this