Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My screen is dark 3 inches on top and bottom. Picture size

Customer Question

My screen is dark 3 inches on top and bottom. Picture size on remote will not fix it. Any ideas? Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

HD Zoom
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Please see my reply for your answer.