Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

LG Rt-56NZ23rb I have had an on going convergence problem

Customer Question

LG Rt-56NZ23rb
I have had an on going convergence problem for some time as in the screen has a concave in the middle. Mostly it has gone away after turning it on and off a few times or leaving it for a while but yesterday it was doing it and wouldn't go away and was making a ticking sound from the main transformer and now won't display anything. The power light is on on the front and the indicator lights come on when switched on but no screen display. Any help appreciated as it is a great tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Leaving the set in that condition will eventually damage the convergence chips so its very likely now that the convergence circuitry will need to be re-built (this area of the set does a lot of work components get hot) so ideally and if we was doing the set we would replace the complete convergence circuitry convergence chips included and resolder all suspect joints in the area, I am sorry this is not something easier but that is the way it is.

Cost for a tech to do that around $350

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated

Anthony