Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Every button but the power and menu buttons on my tv aren't

Customer Question

Every button but the power and menu buttons on my tv aren't working, not even with the remote.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: It's a Sony idk the model and it's a universal
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I truthfully don't know we unplugged the tv when we went on vacation last week came back yesterday and noticed the buttons weren't working so we just tried to unplug it again and it still doesn't work.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it I mean the tv works fine but the channel, volume and input buttons
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me the full model number of the tv, please?

Are you saying that you can turn it on, but can't adjust volume, inputs, etc?

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.