Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I lost power in my house and now i have no audio on my coby

Customer Question

i lost power in my house and now i have no audio on my coby rc-057
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, You posted the model number of the remote. Can you please tell me if this is some sort of home theater system and IF SO is it connected to your Cable Box/TV? Let me know so we can solve this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
a coby tv connected to a cable box
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
32 inch
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the Coby unit itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the Coby back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
didnt work
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** expert has opted out and I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Is there any external speaker/ sound system connected to TV for sound or you get sound from TV internal speakers?