Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a problem turning on my tv. I keep pressing down the

Customer Question

I have a problem turning on my tv. I keep pressing down the all on with the remote and nothing happens. When I press down (with remote) on power+cable I can eventually get sound with no picture. If I keep doing that eventually I will get a picture. Picture fades going white and then seems to adjust itself. Once picture is on it stays on. But I have to go through this next day. My set is Samsung and I have had it for 8 years without any problems. This problem started about a year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.