Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Model # ln40a630m1f problem. When turning on screen is and

Customer Question

model # ***** problem. When turning on screen is green and there is a clicking sound. after some time picture will clear and picture looks good. Question: is this bad caps? In looking on the power board, (2) caps appear to have slightly rounded tops as compared to the rest. (1) cap is 1000 uF 10v the other is located in such a position as to not show what size it is slightly smaller in size than the 1000uf. Could this be the problem and do you recommend replacing them? any other suggestions? My email address is W**************@******.***. phone #(###) ###-####thanks in advance
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Firstly I can only deal with your question here not be email so please respond at all times here.

Yes those capacitors you spotted ideally will need to be replaced samsung suffer greatly from bad capacitors the 1000uf one replace with a 16vdc working one so you have upgraded the working voltage and also if possible obtain a 105 degree one (likely there is a 85degree in) the other you may need to take out (hopefully you can solder?) and observe its value and working voltage, its very likely the problem is just this.

Your other option is to replace the complete powerboard however that is $80_$100 compared to about $20 for the caps

You should be able to get the caps from www.mcmelectronics.com or even radio shack if you take them with you

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

If you do not see the rating bar of stars please let me know thank you

Anthony

Sorry i just seen you are in the UK I am myself but also deal with US customers (I am near Warrington) so just to clarify the caps are bad you can get these devices from various sources locally like maplins they cost about £2 each

If you need more help let me know the support is on going

Anthony

Anthony