Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have dots on my tv what can i do, model WD73737 bought on

Customer Question

I have white dots on my tv what can i do
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model WD73737 bought on 3-6-10, 6 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no,thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

The problem is a failing light engine namely the DLP chip itself, its this chip that produces the picture and on-board this chip are thousands of micromirrors that "swivel" with picture content, when they "stick" they reflect light back from the lamp as a white dot or if facing away from the lamp a black dot, the solution is to replace this chip here is a video to show you how

The chip is available for about $200 from or

If you cant do this yourself a tech would charge about $600 for the work you can locate a tech in your area by using this link

Before doing anything though it may be worth ringing mitsy as at one time they were covering this even out of warranty indicate you have the "DLP chip white spot fault"
Here is the number(###) ###-####/p>

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Do you need any more help with this?or do not understand how to rate the answer please?

Let me know thanks

If you do not see this rating bar of stars please let me know thanks