Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Venturer tv/dvd under cabinet has sound, no picture, model

Customer Question

venturer tv/dvd under cabinet has sound, no picture
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: model klv3915 purchased 12/10. always worked seamlessly. Now there is sound and no picture
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: off. on. disconnect direct tv. tv menu does not appear
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: how is this charged?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Does it have sound?no sound?you said both

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it has sound, but no picture. Black screen

OK and you cant see any feint light on the screen at all?if not please cycle the menu button of the sets own remote (if menu comes up let me know) control whilst holding a flashlight at a 45 degree angle pointed at the screen can you see the menu where the light hits the screen?

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Nothing. All black

Its likely the back-lights are none operational I am afraid, I can help you with this but it will mean dis-mantling the set to obtain access to the boards inside?

Its likely the main-board which usually encompasses power on this set may need to be replaced

I am sorry its nothing easier

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not up for taking it apart, have already purchased a new set. My paypal account was charged $28 when it was my understanding there would be a $5 good faith charge. I have no problem with $5 but $28 seems exorbitant. I will not dispute it, but want to make sure I am not signed up for a monthly subscription.

You need to contact by email***@******.*** or ring 1-***-***-**** (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)