Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Our Sharp flat screen TV will not turn on with power button

Customer Question

Our Sharp flat screen TV will not turn on with power button on top of the TV or either of the remote controls.
The cable company was helpful was unable as TV will not turn on
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Offhand that blinking light points to a hardware fault inside of the TV and in most cases requires component replacement to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem? If so, please reply back with the "pattern" of the blinking light (for example: 2 fast blinks, pause, 3 quick blinks, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you need assistance here. I've got to run in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We’ve decided on a local house call.