Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an 60" LG 4K ultra hd smart tv, 60UB8200, I was

Customer Question

I have an 60" LG 4K ultra hd smart tv, 60UB8200, I was watching the NBA finals Thursday night and my tv went blank, the screen stays blue/ grey when powered on but nothing will show up on the screen, and no sound. Any idea what is going on? The unit is less than a year old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. If you shut the TV off and turn it back on does the LG welcome screen display on the set? Also if you grab the original LG remote and press MENU does the MENU display please?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm simply trying to find out if the issue is the TV itself or the cable box simply needs to be rebooted. If the LG welcome screen displays, then it's likely that the problem is your cable box and you would simply want to reboot it. However I'm waiting on your reply to determine that.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you not able to reply on the page back to me?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No nothing come up, it powers on no sound. Nothing comes up on the screen
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay that's bad news since the LG welcome screen and the MENU items should always come up unless there's a hardware failure in the TV. Right now, that's what it's looking like here. Given that's the bad news it's also good news that you're still within warranty. The part of the TV that causes this is the Mainboard, and will need to be replaced by LG under their warranty in most cases.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally with the LG logo on the screen. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Simply reply back when you're done and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If so, then unfortunately this indicates a premature failure with the TV that does require repairs. In this case you would need to contact LG at the link below and setup a repair ticket on the set. I'm sorry for the bad news here, and realize this is frustrating. However please keep in mind that I'm only trying to help you and don't have any control over the fact that the TV has failed.

LG Repair:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-service/schedule-repair

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing happened same as before.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this indicates a premature failure with the TV that does require repairs. In this case you would need to contact LG at the link below and setup a repair ticket on the set. I'm sorry for the bad news here, and realize this is frustrating. However please keep in mind that I'm only trying to help you and don't have any control over the fact that the TV has failed.

LG Repair:

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

One last ditch effort would be to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the HOPES that it resets. Other than that. there's nothing else on a user level you can try. Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.